Communication Within the Curriculum (CWiC) is Penn’s public speaking tutoring program. Undergraduates are
trained to assist their peers with presentations assigned to them by professors who affiliate with CWiC. Critical
Speaking Seminars are an important part of the program. Each year, CWiC supports two doctoral candidates in the
School of Arts and Sciences who want to develop new courses that are built around oral communication. In the
undergraduate critical speaking seminar, public speaking is not a peripheral part of the course, but rather, an
integral part of understanding the course’s issues.
Find the requirements and application process explained in the document above.
Click here to apply.
- Monday, April 22nd—applications DUE
- Thursday, May 2nd & Friday May 3rd—interviews with selected candidates
- Monday, May 13th, 2019—estimated decision date
- Summer 2019—participation in 1-2 workshops (scheduled when fellows are available in August/September)
- Fall semester 2019—teach one section of seminar, participate in 4-5 workshops, Dr. Weber observes one class session
- Spring semester 2020— teach one section of seminar, participate in 2-3 workshops, Dr. Weber observes one class session
Send your questions (not your application) to Dr. Sue Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org